Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chinese New Year

Well it's Chinese New Year again. Technically today is the day it switches over (to rabbit, I believe) but the Thai people got things going early with some nice firework displays last night. I really want to get down to Chinatown tonight to see the festivities but I have to work till late. Traffic is always terrible no matter what, so I can only imagine what it'll be like. A lot of my students (and a majority of the upper-class Thai) are Chinese-Thai so it'll be interesting to see who shows up and who doesn't. That's really all the news from here. I'm sorry I haven't been writing more. Ryan's here for a few more days before he goes on his trip up into Isan province and eventually over to Northern Vietnam. I think there will be a temporary-farewell dinner for him this Sunday which should be fun. Then on Monday I'm heading to Koh Larn with Songtai for a quick vacation out of the city. There's even a chance I could watch some of the Superbowl like I did a couple years ago, but I think we're leaving pretty early Monday morning. This trip will be great because I'm dying to swim in some salt water and see some stars at night. I'll let you know how it goes!

Much Love
J

No comments: