Thursday, February 17, 2011

Koh Larn

The trip to Koh Larn was great. I had been there once before but forgot just how little of the island I saw. The first time (back while still at Languagecorps) my group went over on the morning ferry, hung out and swam for a few, then left in the afternoon. That's pretty much the M.O. for everyone who goes to Koh Larn which is why it was so neat to spend the night there. Despite being right across from Pattaya harbor(mega-farang destination) there were no overnight tourists. I don't think I saw another non-thai person on the island after the last ferry left. Dinner that night was at the hotel restaurant on the beach with a nice sea breeze blowing in. We were digging the fresh seafood. Day two was a lot like day one: motorbiking around the island, swimming around in some crystal blue water and some lazy lazy relaxing. We caught the last ferry off the island and were back in the city by dinner time. Not a bad place to get away to. At all. Koh Larn has definitely jumped Koh Samet as my weekend get-away spot and I look forward to going back soon.

That's about all for now. My Dad flies in tonight from India. He's out exploring the world again and his trip leads him back to my neck of the woods. Not too much planned for his visit but it'll be really good to see him.

much love
j

No comments: